After three months of being separated, Bullet and I are finally back together. Bullet Is Here! This wouldn’t have been possible without the help of my amazing friend, Beckie, who signed up to watch him for 6 weeks and ended up having him for three months. Long story short, I made a last minute decision to fly home and grab Beckie and Bullet. I spent 72 hours in PDX and 60 hours traveling/flying in less than a week. BUT IT WAS TOTALLY WORTH IT.
Our adventure included:
- Personally meeting the Captain of a United flight from SFO to SIN.
- A 17 hour flight where Bullet was a champ and just slept the whole time.
- Being denied a 2 hour flight in Singapore because I “wasn’t blind”.
- Four Singapore staff members + United online helping us get rebooked.
- Another traveler coming to pray for us.
- A few tears.
- Lost luggage (we got it the next day).
- Beckie and Bullet’s first tuk tuk ride.
- Walking through “Nothing to Declare” in Cambodia without being stopped with a 70 pound dog. Literally the easiest part of the entire trip.
I had the chance to “surprise” speak at my church, Oaks Parish, on Sunday on the topic of “Comfort and Joy” where I shared how being a missionary you are called to be uncomfortable – the heat, the language barrier, the safety, etc. Yet God gives you so much joy in the midst of the uncomfortable. Having Bullet here snuggling with me, doing our prayer walks again, just seeing his smug face and having my best friend here for the past 48 hours has filled me with such joy.
Thank you to everyone who prayed, checked in and asked questions.
How are you doing? Let me know what’s going on in your life.