It’s getting more and more real that the next time I’ll send a monthly update I’ll be living in Cambodia. While I’m not there just yet. I’d like to share what’s happened since mid-August. Mainly:
- Celebrated my birthday and had a prayer send off in Portland. (Thank you to those who came.)
- Packed and moved out of my house. (Thanks to everyone who helped!)
- Rented my house and ADU out. (Thanks Mom and Dad for wrapping that up for me.)
- Flew to the east coast to visit with friends and family.
- Arrived safety in Thailand to begin training.For the record, I post the most photos on Instagram. If you have it, please follow me. If you don’t, let me know and I can send photos directly to you.I’ve completed my first week on training here in Thailand and have three more weeks to go. This week was focused on cultural training – language, thought process, history, etc. I’ve done minimal sight seeing, but have been making an effort to eat as much street food as possible. This consist of my morning to-go coffee from down the street and a bubble coconut drink during my lunch break.
Some of the highlights of Thailand so far:
- Meeting my awesome classmates and amazing guest speakers. Learning where they come from and where they will be serving or have been serving. I’m hoping a few will come visit me in Cambodia.
- Talking about the concept of a Spiritual Bucket List. Similar to a regular Bucket List, only with promises you’d like God to reveal / take place during your lifetime. I’ve started a page in my journal dedicated to making a this list.
- Learning (even) more about the Thai Culture.
- Attending an English/Thai church, my first full day in Thailand.
- Finally, in our studies of culture this week, I’ve really enjoyed gleaning the insights on how/why women end up being trafficked for sex. I feel like I had a basic knowledge of reasons why before I came to Thailand, but this last week has showed me a lot more reasons why.
Thanks again for being part of my amazing team. Please write me back and share what is happening in your life. Particularly with those getting into a new back to school rhythm or maybe have started a spiritual bucket list of their own. I look forward to hearing from you.